Saturday, June 7, 2014

Reflection on Web 2.0

BLOG


I used blog for the first time in my life after this project, I didn't know anything about blogs or keep record of my life in a website. I think that blogs is very impressive way to document our daily life and share it with others. A blog is not only about my life it could be about some things that I liked and I would like other pole to get benefit from it because of that I am thinking to keep my blog on and try to add more people to it. 

GOOGLE CHROME

As Mr. Tridib said it will make you life easier, and definitely it did. I think that using Google Chrome is a very good thing specially because of the applications and extensions that it provide from their Web Store. We can find all our related programs in it and link it to Google Chrome easily. Because of that more that half of the people in the world are using it. 

GOOGLE DRIVE


The most impressive thing is using one button to transfer the file to other people to see it not waiting for the email to send it. Google Drive does not take the size of the files under consideration because it is working online. Editing Excel sheet or Power Point slides or Word document is very easy now after Google Docs. and doing new survey that can reach double of the responses by email and social network is a great thing to see. 

GOOGLE CALENDAR

Google Calendar is very important tool from Google Company. The way that it works and the options that Google calendar has make many things easier. For example: sharing my calendar with my friends, family, colleagues and other people. For each group I might do a separate calendar and send it to them and how it will make a different to use the same calender through my phone as well with some reminders and notifications. Google calendar is a must for each person.  

GOOGLE SITES


In year 1 we did an IT course and we did a website but because of the complicated program that we used i can't even remember the name of the program. but Google sites give us few hours to find a ready website. It allow us to be a  professionals in our major and publish websites that are completely professional. 

PICASA



After the smart phones came out the world forgot about Photoshop and other photo editing programs because there were amazing applications to be installed on the mobiles which can edit photos and color them and add on them some remarks or sentences.
But Picasa came to provide one network between the mobiles, tablets, laptops or PCs and allow the user to edit the photo and share it more easily and in a fast way with no difficulties. It is a very good program which can be used offline to fix and edit pictures.

DIIGO


Diigo is an application in Google chrome that makes searching and keep recording the common sites that you enter specially for education purpose. Diigo is fantastic tool that make you find your target easier from searching to highlighting and commenting. It is also helpful in the smartphone when it links the bookmarks together. As a student I recommend Diigo. 

DROPBOX


Dropbox is one big case that can hold more than one thing and walk around with it. It makes sharing files with your other computers, laptops, tablets and other people simpler and easier. uploading and downloading will become a habit after using this program, I personal taught my sister in law to use it with her English Communication projects because contain videos. 

GOOGLE PLUS


Google Plus is the first competitor to Face Book because it joins you with your friends but putting them into different groups.I can find new friends and add them to my circle by searching for a keyword like DWC or DFM. I didn't use it before or use Face Book but I think I will be frequent user. 

GOOGLE MAP


            
Google Map is the first thing that should be in any personal laptop, PC, mobile or tablet because it is a very important tool to be used on daily bases if I am not mistaking. Google Map will provide for you several options to reach your destination whether it is locally or internationally. When I used Google Map after my friend Hessa explained it, firstly I made my permanent destinations, home and college. 

PREZI


Prezi is an easy program that makes the user switch from the regular and boring Power Point to this program. Definitely Prezi is a program that should be used for an impressive presentation. I think that all big companies should move to Prezi because it breaks the old fashion presentation with no long paragraphs. I was hoping that I knew Prezi before in college, I think I will use it since Year 1. 





No comments:

Post a Comment